">Trip Alertz for a Cheap Honeymoon
I just found a new site that can help you find a cheap honeymoon (although still to an awesome location). It is called TripAlertz and it is like a Groupon for travel deals.
You do have to sign up in order to see the TripAlertz deals, but all it requires is an email address. I used my “junk mail” email address, but I have not gotten any spam mail from them so I think it would be okay to use your regular address (especially if you want to sign up for vacation deal alerts).
Right now there are 15 different vacation or honeymoon deals available. They are to many different locations, including the Kalinago Beach Resort in St. George’s Grenada, a couple of deals in Rio de Janeiro, Washington DC, Portland, and many more. The vacation deals change every 6-10 days.
- When you click on a travel deal you will have the option of purchasing it. Some vacations are all-inclusive and some are not so make sure you read the details.
- Once enough people purchase the deal (most seem to be 4-10) then you get an even better price (even if you bought into the deal earlier).
- There are early bird coupon specials for the first few people who buy into a deal.
- The deal prices are lower than the other trip sites I checked (like Expedia, Sidestep, Priceline, etc). The key is you have to be watching so when a location you want becomes available up you are ready to buy.
- You can also get referral credit if your friends sign up under you. Ask your bridesmaids, groomsmen, and family members if they would like to sign up and you will get free money towards your honeymoon.
It is definitely worth a shot. If you find a location you want to spend your honeymoon at then you can save 20-75%, which, when you are talking hundreds or even thousands of dollars, adds up to a lot of savings.
There are lots of ways to save money on the honeymoon of your dreams. I think every married couple should have an amazing honeymoon. If you can have a cheap honeymoon to the location that you want then that is even better.
Research shows that when people spend money on memories rather than things they are happier. Your wedding is a once in a lifetime memory and that is true for cheap weddings and expensive ones. The honeymoon is often dropped from budget wedding plans, but you can have a cheap honeymoon and still have the time of your life.
When we got married we were trying to decide between Fiji and Hawaii. Ultimately, we chose Hawaii and I have no regrets. Using my skills in budgeting and finding deals we were able to stay in Hawaii (the Big Island) for 7 days, Kauai for 5 days, Oahu for 2 days, and we visited family in Arizona for 4 days. We spent less than $3000.
You can have a cheap honeymoon and it doesn’t have to be to a cheap location.
One of the ways you can save on a cheap honeymoon is by planning. SmartyPig can help you with that. Here is what the SmartyPig website has to say about their site:
SmartyPig makes it easier than ever to experience the personal satisfaction and financial rewards that come from systematically saving for specific purchases. SmartyPig even enhances your savings with cash back savings that make your money go further! Best of all: it’s completely FREE. No fees. No catches. No “buying clubs.” It’s an FDIC-insured savings account — and so much more.
It is a regular savings account, but it comes with rewards.
- You can post a widget that shows how much you have saved for your goal and you have the option of including a link for others to help you. This is a great option for people who want to include a honeymoon fund on their wedding registry.
- When you withdraw your money you have the option of getting a gift card that will give you cash back!
Here is an example as to how much money you can save on your honeymoon using SmartyPig:
- Set up an account at SmartyPig (leave a comment or contact me if you would like a referral code – I have a limited number of them)
- Set up a goal for your honeymoon. One of the gift card options is for a $1000 gift card to Travelocity Vacation.
- OPTIONAL – Put a savings widget on your wedding site and let your friends and family help you save money for your honeymoon
- When you make your $1000 goal cash it out for the Travelocity Vacation gift card. You will get a $50 rebate when you cash out. Plus, you will have all the interest that you earned while you were saving for your honeymoon.
When it comes to having a cheap honeymoon, every little bit counts. An extra 5% can add up fast!
- The Stingier Savings Account (visualeconomics.com)
- The Best Savings Account Rate Gets Worse (bucks.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Wedding Gift Recap: Amazon and Honeymoon Registries (weddingbee.com)
- Do you sell $10 gift cards? Great, I’ll take 50, and I can pay you $490. (ask.metafilter.com)
- Three Stories About Banking (getrichslowly.org)
Hi! I am Heidi from the blog Little People Wealth
. A wedding is one of the most expensive celebrations you will host. You have to learn how to balance getting a beautiful, memorable wedding and not starting your life out in debt. Budget a Wedding will help you have a cheap wedding (while not sacrificing the things you want) so you can start your marriage out debt free.
I used so many “tricks” to budget my wedding in order to get the day that I wanted while staying under our budget. We even had the honeymoon of our dreams (Hawaii) for two weeks for less than $1800 – food, plane, hotel, EVERYTHING.
I helped friends and family keep their wedding under budget and after brides started contacting me through Little People Wealth to ask me for more wedding specific deals I realized that there are a lot of people out there that I could help. Little People Wealth is more about how you can save money everyday so I decided to start a how to have a cheap wedding blog.
I’m glad to help you save now so you can plan for a lifetime! Welcome to Budget a Wedding!