Save Money on your #Honeymoon with @Ebates

December 9, 2011

in Honeymoon

Honeymoon Travel

Save on Travel

I have posted money saving tips for your honeymoon before, but this one is super easy! Once you have the location and time picked out you can save a lot of money by booking online through Ebates.

Ebates is a money saving rebate site. You sign up for an account, then use their links to go to your shopping location. They send you a rebate after your purchase. You will also get $5 when you sign up  (you will need to earn $5 in your own rebates before you can cash the extra $5 out). If you are looking for a way to boost your own rebates to get the extra $5 then check out the magazine section. There are rebates for up to 40% off many great wedding magazines. You can find a longer description of how Ebates works at Little People Wealth’s post on how to use ebates.

So how does Ebates save you money on your honeymoon? If you book your hotel through ebates they will give you a cash rebate! Hotel rooms are expensive so this can add up fast. Right now hotels such as Fairmont, Sheraton, W, Holiday Inn, and Westin hotels are offering a 2%-5% rebate. On a $1000 hotel stay you could be saving $20-$50.

If you want to double your savings then you can use Ebates to book your car rental as well and they even have a few air travel sites with rebates. Save even more by purchasing restaurant gift certificates through them (restaurant.com offers 30% back and 50% off at their site so a $50 certificate could cost you as little as $17.50).

After you sign up for an Ebates account click on the “Travel and Vacations” link at the bottom of the left sidebar to see all of the deals. Happy traveling!

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

susan December 20, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I havn’t tried Ebates before but the idea is simple enough and getting some cash back in my wallet is always a good thing. The restaurant rebate offers sound even better.

Heidi January 25, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Ebates is a great (and easy) way to save money!

Matt Clarke March 7, 2012 at 5:32 am

I am getting married in August and have been worried about the honeymoon due to the cost. We would really like to take a break after the wedding and any deals or discounts would really help. Ebates sounds great so I will check it out and hopefully we can be jetting off to some exotic destination (on a budget!). Thanks for sharing

Mark April 3, 2012 at 9:11 am

Ebates is one of the sites that I check on our honeymoon like a year ago. It is one good way to get discounts and rebates.
Mark recently posted..Million Visitors Free Review-Check Whаt Gavin Stephenson Dіd On Internet Marketing.My Profile

Andrei April 26, 2012 at 5:47 am

Sounds like a good idea in planning a honeymoon with some travel around the place. Nice.

Christina Goche July 27, 2012 at 3:44 am

hmm. I never knew about this Ebates things but I am hoping that I could use this on our next honeymoon but that will be next year. I still have time to sign up and do a research on hotels that offers this and nice places to visit near the hotel. I hope we can save a lot and enjoy.

Cindy July 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

I am planning for a honeymoon getaways next year for a week and ohh my the hotel accommodation cost a lot already. I would like to try this Ebates and hoping that I could save at least 20% of the total accommodating cost.

stacy August 1, 2012 at 4:51 pm

a honeymoon for a newly wed alwayssounds exciting and fun but mostly it is costly.It is once in a lifetime experience so needs to be weighed up properly with pros and cons.