However you approach your wedding budget, it is most important to determine the amount first and then make specific plans based on that amount. Keep in mind, there are several factors which will affect what you’ll need to set aside:
* Formality: the more formal the affair, the more expensive, because most formal weddings take place in the evening, and because you’ll have to match the site, food, and musical entertainment to the overall upscale tone.
* Date and Time: certain months and times of day for planning your wedding tend to be pricier.
* Guest List: the more people you invite, the more money you will spend on your wedding budget. There is usually a head cost for food and liquor.
* Food: the financial burden for a full meal in your wedding budget planner is greater than for hors d’oeuvres; dinner is usually more expensive than breakfast or lunch; seated service is pricier than a buffet.
* Reception Site: the use of some locales will set you back more than others. Some can be had at no or low cost such as a relative’s house or local park.
* Location: some cities and towns are just more expensive than others. Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles are obvious, but small towns can also be pricey if things like flowers, produce, and a DJ have to come from afar. Tourist towns can also up your wedding price tag, because of high demand.
Whatever your wedding budget, the party success ultimately depends on the way you conduct yourselves, the love and respect you show for each other, and the way you express your happiness.
This isn’t about putting on a show. It’s about forging a new life as a married couple and commemorating that. The hospitality you provide should reflect your values.
Diane blogs at My Wedding Reception Planning.
- 5 Easy Ideas for Your Budget Wedding
- Wedding Trends for Style and Budget
- 5 Ways for Couples to Save on Their Wedding (littlepeoplewealth.com)
- Elegant Ways to Throw a Cheap Wedding – Weddings o – Shenzhen, China (travelpod.com)
- How to Plan Your Wedding Day Transportation