A wedding is one of the most special days in your whole life. However, one way to start a marriage off in the wrong foot is to have an extremely expensive wedding that you cannot afford. There is no shame in wanting to save a little for your wedding. Also, weddings can still be completely unique, special and charming despite a limited budget. If you’re not quite sure how to execute that feat, perhaps our five tips will help! Here are some easy ideas for your budget wedding:
- Get married during the low season– Most weddings happen between the months of May to October, so this means that vendors naturally cost more during those months. You may have to pay more for flowers, the venue, as well as everything else. Why not have your wedding in the November-April timeframe instead? You’ll instantly get lower rates, and more vacancies, giving you a wider range of choices to play with. And a wedding around the holidays has another advantage: all your guests will already have the time off.
- Consider a cake and dessert reception instead of a whole meal– A charming and unforgettable way to have a wedding reception would be to serve only wedding cake, and some sweet treats instead of a whole meal. This idea could be especially cute if the bride and the groom have a fondness for sweets. Your food budget can be slashed to 1/3 of the original cost since you are only serving part of the meal. Plus, you can really say not all couples do this, making your event all the more unique and sweet!
- Choose flowers that are always in stock– It doesn’t mean that flowers that are always in stock are less beautiful. It all depends on how your florist presents it. Consider using carnations, lilies, and roses which are always more or less in season. Another great idea would be to incorporate more greens into your bouquet to make it even cheaper!
- Consider creative ideas for a cheaper wedding cake– Want to save on wedding cake? Why not serve cupcakes instead? They’re cute, easier to eat, and look lovely when stacked in a tier. Another option would be to get a homemade wedding cake. Why not have a talented mom or aunt make it? Another cleaver option is to have a real cake layer at the top of the cake, but a faux one at the bottom. No one will ever know!
- Shop at sample sales, and the non bridal section– The dress is always one of the bigger expenses of any wedding. Brides can save money by shopping for their dress at sample sales. Also, who says you have to limit your search to the bridal section? Look into the bridesmaid section and order that dress in white, or in the long gown section. You’ll still have a great dress but will cost hundreds of dollars less!
Sam Briones is a freelance writer who covers an array of topics from finding cheap auto insurance to safety tips.