There has been a lot of talk about the upcoming wedding between Kate Middleton and Prince William and much of it has focused on their budget. Who is paying for their wedding?
Traditionally the Brides family pays for the wedding, but that is changing. It is “even more complicated when you are marrying the future King of England” according Kimberly Palmer from US News.
On Friday, April 29th Kate Middleton will marry Prince Henry at the Westminster Abbey. The Royal family will help pay for the wedding, along with the Middleton’s. The tax payers will probably be responsible for the security bill.
The article, Kate Middleton: The Princess and her Budget, points out a few other budget facts that I didn’t think of. For example, Kate will not have to carry money since assistants will purchase everything for her. Queen Elizabeth does not carry cash in her purse, instead she fills it with pictures and lucky charms.
The Princess will also not be able to earn her own money. She will probably continue her ventures, but they will be hobbies rather than careers.
Would you be comfortable joining the Royal family? It sounds like it would be a lot of work!
The article also pointed out that the taxpayers like when their Royal family is thrifty. Did you know that Queen Elizabeth is frugal? She actually collected coupons for her wedding dress in 1947 and supposedly stores her cereal in tupperware. Her frugal nature has gained her approval with her people.
The expenses of the Royal family have come under scrutiny lately. What do you think the Royal family will look like in fifty years? Will they still be around? I can’t wait to see Kate Middleton and Prince William’s wedding. I wonder how it will affect how the taxpayers see the Royal family.
- Prince William, Kate Middleton May Ask For Charity Donations In Lieu Of Wedding Gifts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Kate Middleton’s Wedding Dress Designer (rightcelebrity.com)
- The puzzle of royal titles: Will Kate be a princess, countess or duchess? (theglobeandmail.com)
- “Kate Middleton Turns 29! Future Princess Kate Middleton Has Quiet Birthday” and related posts (showbizspy.com)
- Kate Middleton: What She Should Do Before She Turns 30 (omg.yahoo.com)