Did you know that TheKnot.com lets you create a free wedding website? You will even be able to choose your own URL.
Creating a wedding website is a great idea whether you are having a cheap wedding or an expensive one. You can share your gift registries, upload photos, choose a personalized address and more.
You can direct your guests to your wedding website on your invitations. That allows you to easily share the gift registry information. You can also includes maps to the location of the ceremony and to the reception site. It is also nice to be able to link to a honeymoon registry if you are planning on asking for honeymoon gifts.
TheKnot.com free wedding websites offer you and your fiance these features:
- Choose your personalized URL on TheKnot.com
- Tell your story and post your wedding details
- Browse 80+ design and color variations to find the one that best represents your style
- Easily share your gift registries without having to say a word
- Upload multiple photos, display photos from Flickr, and add links to external albums
- Set up an online RSVP and guest book
The online RSVP page and guest book is another great touch. A couple of the more recent weddings I have been invited to have included an online way to RSVP (through a wedding website or email). One of them didn’t even include a RSVP card, which would save you money on both the printing and the postage.
The map feature is also great for out of town guests. You can highlight a few of the area attractions as well so they have the options of seeing a few of those before they go.
And of course… it is free!
- Wedding Reception Tips – Disposable Cameras
- 2011 Wedding Predictions
- SmartyPig for Cheap Honeymoons
- 7 Ways to Help Your Bridesmaids Save Money
- The Best Way to Save Money after the Wedding