- An engaged couple will pay (on average) 60% of their wedding costs
- The average wedding will have between 140 and 150 guests
- The most popular months for a wedding will be May, July, September, and October.
- The most popular color families will be blues, pinks, purples, and greens.
- The average age for a bride will be 27
- The average age for a groom will be 29
The biggest wedding of the year will be between Prince William and Kate Middleton on Friday April 29th in Westminster Abbey. It was announced that the families will be footing the bill for this wedding (not the taxpayers). Westminster Abbey is a beautiful place for a wedding. It is where both Prince Andrew and Fergie and Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip wed.
The trend for cheap weddings will continue. Designer wedding gown labels will continue to put out low cost affordable lines for people who want the name brand dress, but cannot afford the top of the line ones. Family members will continue to help out with different parts of the wedding.
I hope that we continue to see lots of do it yourself (DIY) items at weddings. It is a great way to help keep your costs down for a cheap wedding and it also personalizes it. Personalized favors are also becoming more popular. A bride and groom can create personalized favors that are fairly cheap and have more meaning to their guests.
Another trend that will continue is brides and grooms are waiting longer to book their location of choice. Maybe many of them are waiting to see if the price will come down. Just make sure you do not wait too long. Wedding Reception locations tend to fill up fast.
- 7 Ways to Help Your Bridesmaids Save Money
- The Best Way to Save Money after the Wedding
- Wedding Reception Tips – Disposable Cameras
- A McDonalds McWedding on a Budget
- Five DIY Wedding Table Decorations