A McDonalds McWedding on a Budget

October 22, 2010

in Reception, Wedding Attire

I am all for budget weddings, but this one goes too far for me! Although, I must say the balloon dresses are pretty neat; “I’m lovin” the red one. Not sure I’m lovin’ the cake though (or much else).

I must say, the original couple who wanted to get married in a McDonald’s because that is where they met was strange, but original, and maybe a bit creative. The copycats, that is where it starts to get weird.

The McDonalds in Hong Kong says they have gotten 10 calls a month requesting a McDonald’s wedding after that original couple. Seriously, 10 calls a month. Does anybody else think that’s insane!? Because of this, they have decided to start offering “official” McDonald’s wedding packages.

The cost is a few thousand Hong Kong dollars (a thousand Hong Kong dollars is the equivalent of $129) although the exact cost depends on what your guests order.

Your wedding cake is made out of McDonalds Apple pies. It’s hiddeous, really. I’m thinking the pink boa really adds to the green packaging though wouldn’t you say!?

Alcohol is not allowed so you will have to toast with your soft drinks. I wonder if the straws are optional…

You can use one of the signature twistie balloon dresses (okay, so like I said earlier, I think those look pretty neat. I wouldn’t want to wear one for my wedding, but I am seeing bridezilla chosen bridesmaid dresses written all over these!)

Oh, and I almost forgot, the guests will get a party favor – the happy meal toy.

The “venue” will not be closed to the public so you may have a few unwanted guests.

In other words, if you want to bring your wedding reception to McDonald’s you can buy your guests a happy meal, take a couple of pictures with some fries, and toast with paper cups to your hearts content… all for the jaw dropping price of a few hundred dollars. Does it sound tempting? I hope not!

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Sharon November 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm

can you even imagine? Good Grief! And I agree, the wedding cake… No Thank You!

Heidi January 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm

It is crazy! Sometimes I do not know what people are thinking.

Mindy March 7, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Oh gosh! I could see my daughter wanting to get married there. Just kidding.

Heidi March 11, 2011 at 10:29 pm

LOL :)

Barb March 8, 2011 at 12:21 pm

So funny! I can see this being a trend that will die out quickly!

Heidi March 11, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I hope so!

Kim aka March 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm

OMG, that is outrageous! Now some may think I am desperate to get married again, but I’m not that desperate! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi March 11, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I couldn’t imagine getting married in a McDonalds!

Emma July 19, 2012 at 2:05 am

Oh, no. So wrong on so many levels. I agree – the first time was weird but in a quirky, fun sort of way. Copying just doesn’t make sense. It would be cheaper (and, dare I say, classier?) to get married by a celebrant, then grab a Happy Meal to go (on your way to the honeymoon). Save the $129 and put it towards the honeymoon, I say!

-E.
Emma recently posted..How to Prevent Tan Lines… Forever!My Profile

Veerurock April 7, 2013 at 8:20 am

Yeah I don’t eat McD’s and if I ever have kids they won’t either. I was a high scoohl teacher and was often really horrified at the way people buckle to their children. I once confronted a family member at the way she fed her child and she said, But that’s what she WANTS to eat. Phew! The kid is 2.